Home Team Science & Technology Agency (HTX) is the world’s first Science and Technology agency that integrates a diverse range of scientific and engineering capabilities to innovate and deliver transformative and operationally-ready solutions for homeland security. As a statutory board of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and integral to the Home Team, HTX works at the forefront of science and technology to empower Singapore’s frontline of security. Our shared mission is to amplify, augment and accelerate the Home Team’s advantage and secure Singapore as the safest place on planet earth.
We are looking for a Legal Counsel to join HTX’s Legal Division. The successful applicant will provide professional legal advice and strategic guidance to the various Divisions in HTX, draft and review contracts and other legal documents, as well as work with the rest of HTX’s Legal team to raise staff awareness on relevant legal issues.
Job Scope / Key Deliverables
The principal accountabilities of the job holder are to:
- Draft and review contracts and other legal documents, as well as advise HTX on legal issues relating to relevant procurements and matters relating to contracts which HTX manages and administers
- Render professional legal advice and strategic guidance to the various Divisions in HTX on all matters with a legal dimension
- Create content for and conduct talks and seminars to HTX staff to raise awareness on relevant legal issues
- Assist Director/Legal Division to carry out and implement such responsibilities and priorities of HTX’s Legal Division as may be assigned
Candidates should possess:
- A LLB (Hons) degree and be eligible to be called to the Singapore Bar
- At least 3 – 5 years’ of transactional/contract drafting & review experience
- Prior litigation experience/experience dealing with contractual disputes will be a plus
- Prior experience in handling intellectual property matters will be a plus
Personal Characteristics & Behaviours
He / She should:
- Be strong in written and spoken English
- Have strong legal and analytical skills
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to work well with the existing team of legal officers, and with HTX colleagues from various backgrounds
- Be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment, in a timely manner, to produce relevant, accurate and useful legal advice and to review and draft contracts
How to apply:
We regret only shortlisted applicants will be notified. All new appointees will be appointed on a two-year contract in the first instance.