Singapore Legal Counsel
This is an excellent opportunity for a junior lawyer to gain technical and regional experience in the general banking and structured finance field. The junior lawyer will benefit from training programs and overseas exposure through attachment stints in regional offices.
- Providing general legal and transactional advisory support to all business lines, including corporate banking, structured finance and wealth management business.
- Reviewing and drafting documents relating to banking and financing transactions, including account opening, loan facility and security documentation and other transaction-related documentation including powers of attorney, authorisations, non-disclosure agreements.
- Formulating and drafting standard legal documentation, guidelines and procedure notes.
- Working closely with business and other functions, coordinating with local counsel regionally on local law and practice.
- Providing legal advice and support as required in relation to other general legal matters and projects.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Singapore or UK qualified lawyer with up to 1 year’s post-qualification experience gained at a leading law firm or financial institution in Singapore. New graduates and newly qualified lawyers may be considered.
- Quick learner, responsive and ability to analyse legal issues quickly.
- Ability to identify, prioritise and manage competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to draft and edit documents in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team player with ability to work constructively with other members, and contribute to a friendly working environment.
- Experience in general banking, whilst not a pre-requisite, would be helpful.
Please apply online at apacgraduates.bnpparibas.com by 31 December 2017.