Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond. Headquartered in Beijing, we commenced operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 84 approved members from around the world.
The Counsel/Senior Counsel–Finance will be responsible for providing legal and policy advice and assistance to the finance and other AIIB departments on funding, derivatives, repos and liquid asset investment operations as well as other finance matters, with a view to ensuring the highest standards of legal advice and documentation, protection of AIIB’s interests and compliance with AIIB’s mandate, policies and procedures. The Counsel/Senior Counsel is also expected to work across functional boundaries, as assigned by the line manager from time to time.
- Provide high-quality legal and policy advice to the Treasury, Controller, Risk Management and other departments of AIIB on the substantive areas referred to above.
- Develop and maintain specimen legal documentation to ensure adherence to best practice and applicable law and to define and reflect relevant AIIB standards and policies.
- Research, write and present orally on legal issues and draft and negotiate legal texts.
- Promote innovative approaches and seek process and product simplification, working within and developing the institution’s internal legal framework.
- Display good judgment and be answerable for the work product and advice provided, contribute to institutional initiatives and advise on the application of policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and collaborate in the legal field with other multilateral development banks and development partners to further AIIB’s work in assigned areas.
- Minimum 5-8 years (for Counsel) and 8-10 years (for Senior Counsel) of relevant professional experience.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent legal drafting abilities.
- Intellectual leadership and strong interpersonal, diplomatic and partnership skills.
- Ability to innovate while mitigating legal risk.
- Strong communication skills, including speaking persuasively and presenting ideas clearly.
- Excellent command of English, including drafting and negotiating legal documents in English.
- Superior level of resourcefulness, ability to work autonomously and under pressure.
- A law degree from a leading university and qualified to practice law in at least one jurisdiction.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the employee level at which an applicant will enter AIIB.
To apply for the role please visit https://www.aiib.org/en/opportunities/career/job-vacancies/staff/job-details/18045.html